Friday, December 17, 2010

Assignment 9-3


          
          Just this past weekend I watched a show on CNBC called, Behind the Counter. It was a look into the lives of franchisors and franchisees. This was such a great show that I saved it to re watch later. I have always wondered if opening a Franchise would be a smart move and this hour-long show really made me start thinking. They featured Dunkin Doughnuts in their segment and showed the positive side of a properly developed Franchise. They also showed a segment on Cold Stone Creamery, which didn’t leave me wanting to further purchase ice cream from their facilities. So this got me thinking, if I were to create a Franchise what would I create? My chosen profession is a photographer. However I am always coming up with creative ideas that I know I will never follow through with, but it is always fun to think about!
            I am a huge advocate for eating all organic and all natural as possible. I haven’t eaten at a fast food chain restaurant in the longest time, because I don’t like the idea of the processed unhealthy foods that they serve. I love the idea of convenience and so I wanted to create a Franchise that would provide the best of both worlds. I think a great name for the fast food chain that I am thinking of is Honest to Goodness. The name says it all. Honest food that you would trust eating and serving to your children.
            With the name I chose it isn’t as catchy as those one-liners like Starbucks and Wendy’s. However, regardless of the catchy name, I think if you have good branding and marketing as well as the best product available it could be a successful venture. Eating all natural and all organic isn’t just a rising trend but a rising life style, which I think has become hugely successful.  Look at Whole Foods Market; it is now being featured on Top Chef as the grocery store of choice. They obviously know what they are doing, huh?
            I think its so importance to come up with a great icon that will serve as representation to your company. I have come up with a logo of a double cherry in the O’s of Goodness. The logo would represent the fresh produce that would be provided at this fast food restaurant.
            I think there are several stereotype and thoughts of eating all natural and all organic; it’s a “hippy” thing to do, its expensive, it doesn’t really make a difference. Well it does make a huge difference. You will often find produce from the grocery store that has been sprayed with fertilizers, which often include sewage sludge, during plant growth.  Oh, Yum! You will find a slight increase in price among all natural and organic foods but its well worth the health benefits in my opinion. I think by providing a positive experience among customers and giving them the moderate prices to succeed then these stereotypes could be broken.
            If I were to choose a spokesperson for my newly developed Franchise I may want to think of a figure that would well represent my company and that would shine a good light among consumers. I think it’s hard to find just that perfect person. We have seen so many celebrities and athletes that have represented companies and then let them down with personal issues that jeopardize the companies’ credibility. Can anyone say Michael Phelps and Tiger Woods? I think its easier to come up with a character rather than a celebrity for the direction I am thinking of, for instance, Wendy and Ronald McDonald.
            I think the core idea to my concept is to provide a service that not only offers a good product and prices, but also offers a real value and concern for an individuals regard. I think having wholesome, Honest to Goodness food, is what is important to me. I want my children to live the longest life possible and if others would take in regards these ideas then maybe they would make better choices if they had the opportunity. It is so easy for that mom of four to pull on up through the drive through to have her children select of the value menu. But why can’t that food be healthy but just as delicious options? There needs to be an outlet that provides that for people.             

No comments:

Post a Comment