Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Assignment 9-2


Spoiler Allert!!!


            As I mentioned in my last blog, I am a sucker for those predictable romance movies. I know exactly what’s going to happen before they even get close to happening. This is because of the formula that every movie or storyline goes through. I have so many favorite movies and as I mentioned last week Dirty Dancing and You’ve Got Mail top the list.
            However I recently watched The Notebook again and really enjoyed it even more the second time around. I found the time period so intriguing and loved the history aspect of the movie. I enjoyed the clothing that the characters wore that depicted the age of the story and I loved the characters, and by the end I wanted to be Allie. I felt like she was the most loved woman in the world by Noah, whom I couldn’t help but love myself! His character was amazing and I knew the moment the movie started what was going on and how it was going to end. Due to the title and the intro of the film I knew these two were going to be together in the end. This was okay with me too, because I love a good sappy, and happy ending.
            Another movie that seems hopelessly romantic but yet so very predictable is The Titanic. I remember watching this movie so many times as a kid and I still watch it today and love it again and again. As a child I actually knew what the Titanic was. Lets just say I was and still am a bit of a “history nerd.” I knew that this was a tragic love story and that at least one of the main characters wasn’t going to survive. I knew that Jack and Rose would end up madly in love in the end and I was hoping for it!
            Most movies are so predictable but once in a while you will watch a real gem, which surprises you.  You will have no idea where the story is going and they break the traditional formula for  the movie. I have yet to find a favorite of one of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment