Saturday, November 27, 2010

Assignment 9-1


"I carried a watermelon..." (a funny quote from the movie, for you non-dancing fans!)  
      
          Movies always seem so predictable to me. I have a hard time sitting down with someone else and watching a romance movie especially and not wanting to guess the inevitable ending. One of my favorite movies of all time is the classic movie Dirty Dancing I think I may have watched this movie at least a 100 times. I remember watching this movie for the first time, many years ago, and knowing exactly what the ending was going to be. I enjoyed the unknown results from some of the side issues in the movie, but I am so glad that Baby wasn't going to be stuck in that corner anymore!
Another movie that I could watch over and over again is You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. I knew from the moment I watched it that these two rivals were going to end up happily together! I guess you could say I am a sucker for a predictable, but good ending! 
            What would happen if the guy doesn't get the girl at the end, or vice versa? I really don't think we would be as interested. Most people that watch these kind of movies expect the outcome. They know what to expect and they expect a happy ending with some sort of closure.
            So I too, among many others, will continue to watch predictable films. I think the new Harry Potter is calling me to the movie theater. From watching the previews I feel I have a pretty good idea of how it will end.  Hmm, or could it be because I read the book?  Maybe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment