Sunday, October 31, 2010

Assignment 5-1

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey...
  

        I hear the ring; yep it is 7:10am and time to get up for work. I sit up and take a second to try and adjust my eyes before I make my way to the shower. I quickly take the hottest shower my skin can handle. Once I am done, I put on my usual face creams and then proceed to do my makeup. Hair is the next daunting task, which I never seem to get right, and so I try to move on from the mess I made with bobby pins, hairspray and more hairspray. I make my way into the kitchen and make my cup of boiling morning green tea. I will kiss my sweetie goodbye for the day and he takes off.  I will sit on the couch in my pajamas for the next half hour and watch the morning CBS news and try to prepare my self for the exhausting day ahead.
            You probably don’t care about my morning routine but for me it’s a ritual to some degree. On the days where for some reason my alarm doesn’t go off, it seems as if the day is ruined if I can’t fit in my morning tea. It sounds somewhat mellow dramatic I know, but this morning schedule for me is my time to wind down and prepare myself for the day. So do you have a morning ritual like this?  I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment